Not all Quartz countertops are created equal. There are a number of factors to consider as you select the slab or product that is best for you. So what characterizes a quality Quartz?
At Countertop Concepts in Wichita, KS, we want to ensure you’re well versed in what to look for.
- Color/Patterns – It may seem obvious, but some companies offer a wider selection of colors or patterns…some very well mimicking the look of granite or marble.
- Real/Fake Looking – Lower quality Quartz, manufactured off-shore, tends to lack that “real” look and often times fade quicker than the higher quality products made in the western markets. It’s not a sophisticated metric, but you’ll notice the difference right away.
- Pattern Through & Through – some call this “full body” or “through body”…meaning that the pattern you see on the surface of the Quartz can be fully seen through the depth of the counter. This means that when the slab is cut, the veining of the stone can be seen in the cross section that is cut. Higher quality Quartz has much better “through body” veining.
- % Resin vs % Quartz – Higher quality Quartz tends to have less resin and more Quartz. The highest quality Quartz countertops will have only 7-8% resin vs lower quality Quartz having closer to 12% resin.
- Consistent Finish – Visually inspect the surface of the Quartz to ensure a consistent/smooth finish.
Quartz products such as Silestone or Cambria will quickly pass these tests with flying colors…but if you have further questions, please visit our showroom or give us a call at 316-440-7415. We’re located just south of Wichita, KS near Derby, KS and specialize in high quality Granite and high quality Quartz countertops. There are a number of countertop companies in Wichita and the surrounding area, but you can trust that we’ll be transparent and help you through the process.